Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tribalism


Arguably one of the greatest impediments to global harmony is tribalism.

By this we mean all those divisions that divide us, I have tattoos you do not, I'm French you are English, you are young I'm older, I'm a member of this you are not, I'm black you are white, I'm Muslim you are Christian and so on.

Our brains are reductionist in that we are trained to compare everything in relation to what we know, thereby creating distance between ourselves and whatever we encounter.

Our next step of evolution is not possible until we consciously start to break down these divisions.

Unfortunately politicians and leaders love to play the division game.

The media also love division as it helps them to promote their products.

Make it your work to remove these divisions in your own life.

Notice similarities not differences.

Grow beyond tribalism.

No comments: